Next Level Stormwater Management (NLSM) is a Recognized Educational Provider (REP) and part of the AIBC Continuing Education System.
Cities across Canada are moving from grey to green infrastructure in managing rainwater. Green roof is an effective source control tool with multiple co-benefits. It offers a practical solution in tight urban spaces where other rainwater management tools are not feasible. As such, green roofs play a key role in the City of Vancouver’s (CoV) new simplified rainwater management (RWM) requirements for new Part 3 buildings that took effect on January 1, 2024. In this webinar, we will learn how to design green roofs to help meet CoV’s retention/detention requirements and when upgrading to a blue-green roof can increase ROI.
At the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand CoV’s new simplified rainwater management (RWM) requirements.
- Use a green roof to maximize the reduction of CoV’s detention volume requirement.
- Design detention green roofs using modeling to help meet a site’s release rate target.
- Engineer green roofs with enhanced RWM abilities to achieve financial savings.
- Apply an interdisciplinary approach to create a multifunctional green roof.
Proof of Attendance will be issued for:
- AIBC Core Learning Unit (LU)
- BCSLA Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- EGBC Continuing Education (CE) Hour
- PEO Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Credit
- OAA Structured Learning ConEd Credit
- OALA Continuing Education (CE) Credit
What they’re saying about NLSM Webinars…
“Excellent. Appreciated the amount of detail as it pertains to the various SWM calculations required.” Mike Hall, P.Eng, Condeland Engineering
Great. Appreciated the time to answer all questions.” Carolina Daza Ortiz, P. Eng, Metrolinx
“Informative session.” Wadah Al-Yassiri, City of Windsor
“Very beneficial & informative hour.” Ali Al-Shalah, DS Consultants
“Really informative session.” Thiru Siva Thirupparan, M.Eng., P.Eng.
“Great information.” Ahmed Al Obaidy, P.Eng., Dora Engineering
Karen Liu, PhD Green Roof Specialist
Sasha Aguilera, GRP Design Ambassador
More than 2.5 M SQFT supplied coast to coast
Next Level Stormwater Management
is Canada’s leading supplier of pre-vegetated roofs such as LiteN’Less™, Xeroflor® and StormCap™
systems. The NLSM team provides analytical support such as project-specific stormwater calculations. As a Purple-Roof
partner, Next Level Stormwater Management has access to the latest green roof stormwater test data and related innovative hydrologic modeling tool. Email
or call 416-637-5772